Oh, I love it when I'm asked this question—especially in this sizzling market! So sellers, grab a pen and paper, your smartphone, or just your noggin, and let’s crunch some numbers.
Take your selling price and subtract:
1. Mortgage payoff amount (Heads up! This isn’t the same as your last statement balance.)
2. Real estate commissions (Talk to your Realtor.)
3. Costs to stage and prep your home (Budget 1% of selling price.)
4. Seller concessions (Costs you agree to pay to help close a deal; usually 0-2% of selling price.)
5. Moving expenses (Plan for 1% of selling price.)
All said and done, seller expenses average 10% of the selling price. If that sounds high, don’t fret! In this market, home prices are up close to 10% — and that's after a 19% jump in 2021! Ready to talk comps and listing your home? DM me.
Cindy Grenier - 204-330-2567